Friday, September 28, 2012

Half-Sister Vivian

Vivian Sack

I've been trying to reconstruct the history of my half-sister Vivian who was born in 1931. That would make her 17 years older than me!  I think she died sometime between 2005 and 2010.  The information I found is from ancestry.com.

In the 1940 Federal Census, my maternal grandparents, Thomas and Anna, were living at 4625 Maple in Brookfield, IL.  By that time the Shultze surname had been changed to Schultz.  Living in the household were:

  • Thomas Schultz, 60
  • Anna Schultz, 55
  • Lester Schultz, 23
  • Vivian Sack, 9
The 1940 Federal Census showed that my mother and father were living at 921 North Milwakee Street in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, with no dependents in the household. Apparently Vivian lived with my grandparents in Illinois off and on.  She did have the last name of Sack so she must have been adopted by my dad at some point.  Maybe.

This must be her confirmation picture:






I expect this was her graduation picture...a pretty girl.



She married Bob but I can't remember his last name.  They had 5 children, 4 girls and finally a boy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment