Sunday, September 30, 2012

Gertrude Severson, Daughter of My Aunt Martha Saskowski Kolodzieski

Here's what I found on Gertrude Severson, my dad's sister's daughter.  In ancestry.com, I found a record for John Kolodzieski, Gertrude's father.   It all fits in if you accept the fact there was a spelling error on the record;  her mother's maiden was listed as  "Lack" but should be "Sack".  Martha Sack used to be Martha Saskowski.  She was the daughter of Joseph and Mary Saskowski and my dad's sister.  That would make Gertrude my first cousin.

I remember seeing Gerty and Wayne one time, when I was quite young.  They were going to take the ferry across the lake from Milwaukee to Michigan.  They were going to take me along but I ended up not going because they thought I might get seasick.

Wayne was a cop and, if I remember correctly, he had a Harley.  Could that be where I got my love of Harley's?  Tom remembers a memorable ride in a patrol car with Wayne and what a terrific guy he was.


Severson, Gertrude R.
Born 3/18/1928, Died 1/18/2012

Gertrude “Trudy” R. Severson, 83, of Neshkoro passed away Wednesday January 18, 2012 at St. Agnes Hospital.
She was born March 18, 1928 in Milwaukee a daughter to John and Martha (Lack) Kolodzieski.
On August 4, 1956 she married Wayne Severson in Milwaukee.
She was a homemaker most of her life. Trudy and her husband owned the Chit Chat Tap Bar in Princeton.   She enjoyed playing bingo, doing crossword and word search puzzles, feeding the birds, spending time with her family, friends, and especially her grandchildren.
Survivors include her four children: Bev Wade of Milwaukee, Mike Severson of Milwaukee, Barb (Ron) Stibb of Neshkoro, and Chris (Bradley) Roehl of Neshkoro; eleven grandchildren: Greg (Melissa), Jenny (Joe) and their daughter Chloe, Carrie (Brandon), and Melissa (Troy) and their son Devin, Becky (Andy) and Katie, Tiffany (Nick) and their baby Winnie, Amanda (Elliot), and Dustin, Collin and Logan; also survived by other relatives and friends.
She is preceded in death by her parents, her husband, and one son-in-law Russ Wade.
Private family services will take place.






1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete