Sunday, September 16, 2012

Old Family Pictures

I think that taking old pictures and writing stories about them is one of the best things we can do for our children and all the children that follow.  If we don't, all that history is lost and we might as well just throw the pictures away.

Over the years our family pictures have gotten scattered and many are gone forever.  I wonder what will happen in the future with people keeping their pictures on different formats as the technology changes.  I don't have any pictures on 5-1/4" diskettes as I don't think memory or software was available on the personal computers back then to work with pictures.  Now I have pictures in print, on CD's, sandiscs, and of course, the computer.  It's time to write the stories before they're lost forever.


"Death ends a life, not a relationship.". -- Mitch Albom, "Tuesdays With Morrie"

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete